This year for Halloween we decided to dress up as Popeye and Olive Oyl. We spent a quiet evening at Bacho and Staci's house enjoying our 2nd annual pizza dinner. We kept waiting and waiting for trick-or-treaters to come, but this year was a dud - only 3 kids came to the door. Maybe it was better we had a quiet night, Jason and I had to be up bright and early the next day.
The next morning, November 1st, we had to wake up at 4:00am in order to check in, get our numbers and wait anxiously for the race to start at the 17th annual Desert Grande Triathlon. That's right, our first triathlon. We obviously couldn't carry our camera with us through the swimming, biking and running, but thankfully Staci and Bacho came and supported us. They cheered us on to the finish line and captured the moments of us finishing.
Both Jason and I were a little nervous before the race, but as soon as the man said go - all the nerves went away and the "you can do it" attitude came. Jason and I got seperated during the swim, so we didn't know how the other was doing. It was hard to go through the race by ourselves, but we finished. When Jason crossed over the finish line he told me his bike broke - his pedal fell off 3 miles into the biking portion. I know I would have quit and waited for someone to come pick me up, but not Jason. He pushed his bike the rest of the way and continued on with the running portion. Can you say SUPERMAN!!!
The race was hot and long, but an overall great experience. We have our medals and the memories of our first triathlon. Now it's time to get ready for number 2 - December 6th.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Popeye, Olive Oyl & a TRIATHLON
Posted by Jason and Ashlee at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
What an accomplishment! Way to go!
I am so jealous! Everyone is doing triathalons. I bet that was really fun for you guys. Congrats.
Wow what a great thing to do together! That stinks his bike broke, but what a trooper! I'd love the do the furniture with you, but too bad your so far away. I'd be more than happy to give you tips though. (I'm no professional though) It really is fun and a huge accomplishment when your done.
P.S. Love the costumes. Halloween for door to door was a bust here too this year!
You guys look cute in your costumes. And thats way cool about the triathalon, sounds like you two are very active.
Heres the recipe for the banana bread, its really yummy!
Anne Crain's Banana Bread
Ok, ladies. It has been a LONG time since I've posted anything on here, but I've been asked to add the banana bread recipe from Anne so here it is. Enjoy! Just don't become addicted to it like I am.
6 ripe bananas
4 eggs
4 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups applesauce or oil
1 cup sour cream
Mix together for a few minutes.
Then add 2 t. vanilla and mix together.
Mix in a bowl:
4 C flour
2 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. salt
Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients.
Spray bread pans and then sprinkle bottom and sides with a little sugar.
This recipe makes 3 loaves and 6 cupcakes.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour. ***Note- Cupcakes are done in about 25-30 min. And for the bread, Anne has glass pans and she says hers takes the full hour to cook. I have the dark non-stick pans and mine are done in 45 minutes.***
Congratulations! That's so neat you guys did a triathalon... and that you're doing another one!
The trick er treaters were out in full force here. we ran out of potato chip bags about half way through and had to use pepermint candies for the rest.
The triathlon was so exciting to me because you did it together. Sorry for Jason's Bike I'll bet that doesn't happen again. Fantastic that you are doing more. Best wishes. Love you
Your costumes are so fun and great job on the race!
you guys are tough! was that in Casa Grande? Steve did that one 4 years ago.
You guys are awesome! Way to go! I like running, but combining them with the other two is amazing.
You two are so much fun. It's fun to catch up on these blogs. Were you able to go to lunch with Mindy while you were here? I had just had my baby so I wasn't really able to come.
You guys are great! Keep in touch:)
Ashley!! It is so great to hear from you and I am so glad that we can now keep in touch. Wow - a triathalon?!! I am so impressed and jealous that you have the motivation and endurance. You guys seem so happy and you look as darling as ever. It would be so much fun to get together next time you are in town. Let us know.
Ashlee - it is so fun to catch up with you! I am sorry it takes me so long to reply! That is awesome that you guys did that! Hope all is well!
Wow! I am so impressed with you guys! Hillary McNeil has been into doing triathalons, too. I absolutely hate running with a passion, so i have all the more respect for other people who do anything that includes it. :) You guys looked cute in your costumes, too!
It was great to hear from you!! I am so glad I can stay up to date on everything through your blog. Don't you love the blogging world?! I love your costumes and what up with the triathlon?. That is impressive!! If you come in town for the holidays it would be so much fun to get together with everyone. Keep in touch.
Loooove your costumes - so original!! And congrats on the triatholon what an accomplish. If cheer hadn't ruined my knees I would have loved to do that! Good for you!!
Way to Go! Mitch and I have always wanted to do a triathlon. You're our inspiration! Maybe we can do one together sometime. We are so excited that you guys are coming out here for the San Diego State game. I told Mitch and he for sure wants to meet up - even just to say hello. Do you have our numbers?? Anyway, hope all is well!
Post a Comment