Thursday, October 23, 2008

UGH.... some people




Today was one of those days that was just - "one of those days". Do you ever have those days? I was trying to do something nice for my offices and give them a Halloween treat. I went to Costco and spent about $100.00 on a variety of candy and put a cute little message on each bar. I was at a particular office and asked the receptionist if she would like some candy. She looked inside my bag, shifted the candy all around and looked up at me and said - "what, you don't have peanut m&m's. That's my favorite. Why don't you have peanut m&m's?" I told her I was sorry and i'll remember that for next time. She looked back in the bag, pulled out a snickers and said - ugh.. I guess I'll take this. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I try to do something nice and that's the thanks I get. Next time i'll get the M&M's.

11 comments:

Zeann said...

Ash that was so cute of you to do the candy bars. I'm sure after all these years in public you know that you gave a griper the perfect opportunity to use her skills. It wasn't you or your treat she just needed an opportunity to pop off. You can come to my office any time and everyone wil love you and your treats.

Katrina said...

You're waaaay too nice! If it were me, I would have closed my bag and said "too bad for you", and walked away. Ok, so I wouldn't have done that, but I sure would have thought it! And I definitely wouldn't cater to Miss Picky's poor manners! You're a very good sport, and I'm glad there are more sweet people in the world like you than ornery ones like me.

terrah said...

That's super nice of you to bring cute candy treats! And super nice of you to think of bringing M&M's next time... I think I would have thought to make sure I didn't have them next time too!

Lani said...

Aw man. You're so sweet. Why do people have to be lame?

The DeGiulio's said...

That was really nice of you!!! And that lady was rude about it, she should have been appreciative of your thoughtfulness instead of being bratty about it, sheesh.

Alicia said...

Wow! Obviously her mom didn't teach her etiquette. It was sweet of you to think of everyone.

Staci said...

Look at it this way....she was giving you an opportunity to use patience and be the bigger person. You're better for the experience.

Chris and Kristen said...

Wow. That is really nice of you Ashley. Too bad she only wanted peanut m&ms. There are so many kinds of good candy out there. She is missing out if she can't enjoy anything else. Sorry about the negative response. That is always frustrating.

Emily said...

Who knows, maybe someday she'll end up with an allergy to nuts for being that way. Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but ya never know. People should appreciate that you went out of your way to do something nice. You're awesome! Keep it up!

The Jensen Family said...

Ok, she is crazy! Everyone knows that Snickers are way better than peanut M&Ms. Cute idea, sweet to share.

Mindy said...

You are sweet! I would have ended that with, "Ugh, next time I'll forget the candy bars all together." That looked like a lot of work! But I bet there were 20 people who absolutely loved the candy bars for every one sour puss like the "peanut M&M lady." :)