Anyone close to us knows Jason's sister Jennie, or as we called her Fennie Jo. She was an amazing person who brought joy into everyones live. She always had a smile on her face and a love in her heart for everyone she ever met. Most days when I was at the Watson house I would find Jennie doing a jigsaw puzzle, crossword puzzle, cutting up scraps of paper or simply watching her favorite soap - Days of our lives. She loved "Days" so much, that while Jason was on his mission, she wrote a recap of what was happening on the show in one letter. She hated that dumb, dumb Stefano!!!
Just like guessing which activity Jen would be doing, you could guess what article of clothing she had on. She had her favorites and wore them till they had holes. Jerrie, Jason's mom, tried and tried to get her to wear other clothes, but Jen held strong to her favorites.
Keri, Jason's oldest sister, found a lady who sewed bears out of old scraps of clothing. Now, thanks to Keri and the Lady that put the bear together - we have something special to remember Jennie by. The bear is made out of one of her favorite shirts.
Jennie passed away a little over 2 years ago, and we miss her dearly. But, this bear makes both Jason and I smile everytime we see it.
The back of the bear has a little saying which reads: A small bear made from my shirt to remind you of me. I am with you always. Though you may not see, the twinkle in my eye as I watch you from above - I am proud of all you are doing. I hope you know my love for you continues to grow. xoxox Jennie Watson
WE MISS YOU Jen-o-fo!!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
A piece of Fennie Jo.....
Posted by Jason and Ashlee at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a sweet memory to have of her!
What a special way to remember Jennie.
That's a great way to always remember loved ones! When we met her she was knitting a little cap and scarf, I believe, for Kennedy. Shannon was saying how great it was and how much she loved it!
What a darling little remembrance of a very special person in your lives.
She really was the sweetest thing ever. Every time I think of her I just have to smile. I have such great memories of her. Remember playing that game, I cant remember what it was called and the phrase was "Remember the alamo" and she shouted out as sure as she could be "Gave birth in a limo." I don't think I have ever laughed harder in my life. The other one that cracks me up is in sacrament Jason wanting her to pass him the program and she shouts "what? The black crayon?" I love her!
That is very sweet. And what a neat thing to have to remember someone you love.
That is the cutest freakin thing!!! What a sweet keepsake. I cannot believe it has been two years. Your kids will love to hear all about that bear someday!
Post a Comment