Monday, March 22, 2010

A SURPRISE, The BEACH & a new CUDDLE BUDDY

It seems like the last coupl weeks have been so busy, filled with lots of fun activities. I really wish I was better about taking pictures during some of these activities, but I did what I could and here are the results.

The first was Jason's Birthday. I decided to throw him a SURPRISE party for his 30th. I think he caught on driving home, but he was a good sport and acted surprised when he walked in the door. He came home to about 30 people in the kitchen yelling surprise & singing happy birthday.


People brought gag gifts for Jason - lots of Metamucil, some Polygrip, an Arthritis Today subscription - it was pretty fun.

I think Staci pulled the best gag with Jason's cake. As you can see - it says BYU's #1 Fan! Jason was a good sport about it, but quickly scratched out BYU. For those of you who don't know - Jason is a  U of U lover and a BYU hater.

Second, we headed west - to the BEACH. We thought it would be fun to take Emree to San Diego & have her experience the beach. She did really good. She observed everything around her, ate some lunch, and let her feet play in the sand.
 


 The third item we had to blog about was Emree's new CUDDLE BUDDY. We have found her multiple times cuddled up with a blanket - so we wondered what she would do with a little lamb - here's the result.

Emree is doing awesome. The sweetest little girl. She is still sleeping through the night. (I guess those pep talks we gave her while in the womb have worked :-} ). Her new accomplishments are giggling & starting to roll-over.

11 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

How fun to surprise Jason for his 30 birthday. Love the gag gifts. The beach and San Diego sounds wonderful. Im ready for some warm weather. And thats a cute picture of Emree cuddling with the little lamb.

Alicia said...

I love the picture with her and the cuddle buddy!! She is so sweet. Happy Birthday to Jason. It's crazy that 30 is sneaking up on all of us. Dustin will be 30 in July, YIKES I am married to an old man!! Anyways I'm glad you are enjoying your little girl!

Zeann said...

Emree is the cutest cuddle buddy but the lamb is adorable as well. Jason's party sounds so fun and the beach sounds wonderful. Keep makein those wonderful memories. Love you

Brittney said...

You do throw one killer party!!! It was fun! Envious that you went to the beach! I always think in my 'other' life I must have been a surfer beach girl! :)
See you tonight!!!

Jan DeGiulio said...

Fun party - Fun beach time - Beautiful baby! You guys have it all!

Staci said...

Best cake ever!!!! I think he's really a closet fan. Looks like Emree loved the beach. Sand in the toes is a good thing.

Jeff and Heidi said...

You have been one busy woman these days! Blessing to birthday to beach. Not too bad! :)

Jackie Lee said...

So sorry we missed the party...I heard it was fun! What a pretty girl and pretty beach!

Chris and Kristen said...

Chris hates BYU as well!

Mindy said...

It looks like you guys are doing awesome! Emree couldn't be cuter. I lovet he picture of her with her lamb. And the BYU cake gave me a good laugh.

The Nakkers said...

Happy Birthday Jason - wow 30!! That means we're close to 30. I love the BYU cake! Emree is getting so big - don't you love when they start giggling - so cute. I am really jealous she is sleeping through the night - I could use a good nights rest these days.