Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a HABOOB!!!

It might be another reference to weather, but hey - it's crazy to see and be in the middle of. A haboob, for those of you who don't know, is basically a massive dirt/sand storm. They are lovely, especially when you walk outside for a 1/10th of a second and your eyes fill with sand. I guess it is all part of living in Arizona during the monsoon season.

The first picture shows it rolling in, and the second is in the middle of it. Normally, they sky is bright blue with maybe one or two puffy white clouds.



5 comments:

Zeann said...

Oh my gosh that is unreal. You can keep those down there in AZ because if one got loose out west it looks like it could bury the valley. How long does it take to clean up after that?

Staci said...

I love your pictures. We were running around closing the garage and making sure our new plants were secure and weren't going to end up in Scottsdale, so I didn't get a picture. But how I love the crazy, summer weather.

Alicia said...

That's neat, and I love hearing about the weather. I've only lived in Utah and Texas, so it's great to hear what happens in different states

Mindy said...

Wow! That looks miserable, but the pictures are really cool still! Hey, I would love to get together for lunch when you are in town. Let me know the dates, and we'll plan it. Maybe some of the other girls from high school would want to come to.

Neal and Shannon said...

Your not helping my excitement to move there. I might have to reconsider.